There are many causes of having Hotmail login problems. You might have lost the password for the same. That is the most common cause of facing a login problem. Here are step by step instructions on How to recover a Hotmail Account:
- The Hotmail login page has a link for retrieving forgotten passwords
- This link is located below the login fields in the Hotmail sign in section
- When you go onto the reset password page, you will be asked to enter your Windows Live id
- You need to fill in the captcha characters and then click on the Continue button
- The security checks are installed to verify that the password is being sought out by a human and not some software or spam ware. Those who try to infiltrate accounts usually start by gaining access to the password of the email accounts
- There are two ways of resetting your Hotmail password. The first step is by proving your identity. You need to provide your location details and answer the security question you have set at the time of creating your Hotmail account. The other way of resetting Hotmail password id by getting the reset instructions sent to an alternate email. If you had set up the alternate email account at the time of creating the Hotmail account, then only this option will work.
- If you wish to retrieve password by using the location and security question, you will need to select your country or region from the drop down list. These details need to match as per the details entered at the time of account creation
- If the answer provided to the security question and the region selected is as per the inputs provided at the time of account creation, you will be given the option to reset your password and recover your Hotmail account
- The Hotmail account password is difficult to recover or reset if you have forgotten the answer to the security question you input at the time of registration. The answer is case sensitive so that needs to be kept in mind as well.
Most Hotmail account login problems are addressed in their FAQs section. The help and support of the Hotmail team is comprehensive. You should be able to find a solution to your problem from the resolutions listed. It is easy to get a response from the support team as well if all your attempts fail.