Hotmail was a revolution in web email service at the time it was launched. Founded by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia, this was one of the first services in webmail for the internet that was launched in the late nineties. The launch of Hotmail symbolized freedom from ISP email service that people had to pay up for subscription in order to access the email service. This web based email service was one of the firsts to allow people to access their email from anywhere in the world. By 1997 it had more than eight million subscribers.
Changes In Hotmail
Today Hotmail has undergone several changes. Sold to MSN in 1997, it is now a part of the MSN service that is provided to users. In the new millennium Hotmail was moved to Windows platform. The front end of this web email service is converted to Windows 2000. Today it is tied to the web authentication scheme run by Microsoft. It is being integrated with the different social networking services like MSN Messenger and MSN Spaces.
Part Of Live Mail
As Windows Live brand was launched, it has now become a part of the Live mail service. If you are a Hotmail user or wish to open an account with this legendary mail service, you might be confused with the number of changes that MSN has introduced.
Steps For Hotmail Login
Here are the steps to follow for logging in to your Hotmail Login account:
- You need to open the webpage www.hotmail.com or mail.live.com which will take you to Msn Hotmail account
- The page layouts keep changing but as long as you find the login window you need not worry
- You will find the sign in section on the right. Here you will need to enter your login details
- If you are a new user you will have a Windows Live ID a well as a password. Use these credentials to login to your Hotmail account
- If you are new to Hotmail, you can begin by registering for a new MSN account. This single sign in credential will help you to access your MSN Hotmail account or Live mail service as well
- The Hotmail sign in page has a separate link and explains the different options for signing into your email id
Layouts Change But Mail Secure
The Hotmail page layouts keep changing but you will find your inbox and other mail folders secure and the same every time you log into your Hotmail account.